18 January 2011

I ♥ Pizza

Easy peasy pizza!


Friday night is pizza night! Since we are cutting out red meat, instead of having the usual ropa vieja and rice and beans, it's pizza and beer! The crust is almost the same recipe as the white mountain bread recipe (below) except the use of all purpose flour instead of bread flour and use the pizza crust yeast (little yellow packet).  After mixing, spread out the dough on a pan, spread marinara sauce (I like to make a big pot, portion and freeze it, but jar sauce will do!) add mozzarella, etc.  You can cook it right away, but I left it out for about 30 minutes and it rose just a bit, and the crust was extra crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. For RJ's half, I cut up some pepperoni; for my half, I sauteed some fresh spinach and mushrooms with some salt, pepper and olive oil.  Cook until crust is golden brown, about 20-30 minutes at 400°F. Serve hot with your favorite beer or mine- Magic Hat #9! Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment